How to boost my immune system!
Foods to boost my immune system:
B vitamins help the body convert food into glucose, which provides energy to the body. Fat and protein metabolizing is also aided by B vitamins, as well as healthy nervous system functioning. Vitamin B1, also known as thiamine, helps boost the immune system and strengthen the body under stressful conditions. Vitamin B6, known as pyroxidine, helps the body make certain hormones, as well as chemicals in the brain called neurotransmitters. It also helps boost immune system functioning.
While most people who eat a varied diet get enough B vitamins from food, some people are at an increased risk of deficiency, particularly those who are over the age of 50, take antacid medication, or have celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, gastritis, or other digestive disorders.
If you have had stomach or weight loss surgery, drink alcohol regularly, or follow a vegetarian or vegan diet, you may be more prone to a deficiency.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women may need more vitamins B6, B12, and folic acid.
Food Sources of B Complex Vitamins
To boost your intake of B vitamins, look for the following foods:
- B1 (thiamine): Whole grain foods such as bread, breakfast cereals, rice, noodles, and flour, wheat germ, eggs, beans, and nuts.
- B2 (riboflavin): Milk and dairy products, nuts, eggs, green leafy vegetables, lean meats, legumes, and milk.
- B3 (niacin): Eggs, fish, nuts, dairy, lean meats, legumes, and yeast.
- B5 (pantothenic acid): Vitamin B5 is found in almost all foods, including avocados, broccoli, kale, whole grains, potatoes, eggs, legumes, and meat.
- B6 (pyridoxine): Potatoes, chickpeas, fruits (except citrus), chicken, fish, and organ meats.
- B7 (biotin): Wheat germ, whole grain foods, egg yolks, fish, milk, mushrooms, nuts, Swiss chard, chicken, and salmon.
- B9 (folate): Beef liver, spinach, beans and legumes, asparagus. orange juice, broccoli, peanuts, avocado, dark leafy greens, and salmon.
- B12 (cobalamin): Fish, beef, milk, yogurt, cheese, eggs, shellfish, beef liver, and clams.